- Residential Recycling
- Citywide Garage Sale
Citywide Garage Sale
Garage Sale Dates and Hours
- Friday, May 19, 2023 | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20, 2023 | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(These are the suggested and published hours, registrants can adjust own hours as needed)
Register Your Sale
It's FREE! Registration for the 2023 Citywide Garage Sale is open Friday, March 3, 2023, and closes at 4:00 p.m., Friday, April 28, 2023. You may register for both days or a single day. Registered addresses will be included on the Citywide Garage Sale Map.
If you have any difficulties with registering, please contact Pam Bowman (email and phone listed in righthand column) for help.
Residents are encouraged to be creative and make their own sign(s). Show your community pride by helping to promote Anoka's Citywide Garage Sale. Please be courteous and remove any garage sale sign(s) you may have on display on the last day of your sale.
A map indicating registered host properties will be available on this page and print copies will be available at Anoka City Hall in the lobby rack during regular business hours beginning Friday, May 12, 2023.
If you post about your sale, use the hashtag #AnokaCityWideGarageSale and tag the City of Anoka, Minnesota in your posts on Facebook.
General Safety Tips
- Greet shoppers but do not share any personal information about your home such as upcoming trips, major home repairs, alarms or security systems, or who lives in the home. Keep all doors leading into your home locked.
- Do not let anyone into your home to use your bathroom or to try on clothes. Direct them to the nearest gas station to use the restroom.
- Never walk a shopper into your home to show them an item or to test an appliance or electronic item. Run an extension cord from your house/garage for those wanting to know if an item works.
- Place more expensive items near your checkout area so you can keep an eye on them. Place any items you don’t intend to sell out of sight.
- Keep your cell phone charged and on your person at all times.
- Do not leave your sale unattended. Ask for help from family or friends if you need to step away temporarily.
Money Handling Safety Tips
- Don’t use a cash box unless you have a designated cashier. If you are running the sale alone, it is best to keep the money on your person (fanny pack, apron, jacket pocket, etc.). If you do use a cash box, keep it locked when not in use. Do not leave it unattended.
- Stay focused when giving change to customers and direct them to a gas station or bank if they ask for specific denominations.
The City of Anoka and Anoka's Waste Reduction & Recycling Board are not liable for stolen or damaged items, or injuries sustained during a garage sale as part of the citywide garage sale.
Pam BowmanResidential Recycling ManagerPhone: 763-576-2725