Our number one goal is for guests to have a safe and fun experience at the Aquatic Center.
The most common rules that are enforced at the Aquatic Center are as follows:
- Children 6 years of age and under must have an adult in the water with them at all times. The zero depth area increases in depth from 0 to 51 inches at its deepest part.
- Coast Guard approved life jackets are the only flotation devices allowed. The individual wearing the life jacket must have an adult in the water with them at all times. Flotation devices that are Coast Guard approved will have a stamp on the inside of the device and have a rating of Type I through V.
- Everyone planning on swimming must wear a swimsuit.
The Aquatic Center promotes water safety in many ways.
- Rules and guidance to ensure that all visitors have a fun and safe experience.
- Offers Coast Guard Approved "Puddle Jumpers" for rent.
- Offers American Red Cross Swim Lessons Program.
Helpful documents for your experience can be found below.
Aquatic Center Rules (PDF)
Swim Lesson Class Descriptions (PDF)
Water Safety doesn’t just end at the Aquatic Center. There are many helpful resources and tips for water safety at home and when you are out adventuring!
Longfellow Whale says...
The American Red Cross provides many updated water safety topics and tips for parents and caregivers. They also offer a free Water Safety for Parents and Caregivers class.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and the United States Coast Guard both provide information to help you make your adventuring in and around the water both safe and fun!
Being water smart isn’t just important for humans, but for our four legged friends, as well. PetSmart and pets.webmd remind us to do the following:
- Properly introduce your dogs to water.
- Invest in a doggie lifejacket and learn dog CPR.
- Keep your pets near you in the water and know where they are.
- Have your pooch rest after playing in the water and hydrate them with fresh water!
- Rinse your dogs off after swimming to get rid of any irritants that could dry their skin.